Monday, September 13, 2010

Wazee game - 28th August

Ok. So come 28th the Wazee couldn't raise a full 15 aside team so we started off playing 10s then later on 12s.

The first half was great. We held them and they had 5 tries and we had 3. Then the second half was a disaster as we kept spilling the ball at he kickoffs. They scored 5 tries off our mistakes in the kick off. We then pulled ourselves together and our fitness started to show in the last 15 minutes of the second half as we scored 3 tries. Final score was 65 - 32. 2 tries each from Emma, Charlotte and Regina with the sole conversion by me.

Fortunate Irankunda
Dominica Kulia
Loy Mbabazi
Hellen Gizamba (captain)
Gladies Ayio-Rwoth
Brenda Kayiyi
Aisha Bahhani
Beatrice Atim
Regina Athieno
Irene Namapii
Claire Anena
Helen Buteme
Charlotte Mudoola
Esther Nangobi
Rosemary
Joan Andika
Emmanuella Oroma
James

Post game quotes:

Mike 'undertaker' Wandera: I could not believe it when I saw you ladies playing. You're so strong and fit and aggressive. It's unbelievable how you took on the men without flinching - when is the next game? I think I want to play.

Solo 'mercenary': You guy. I couldn't move for 3 days after that game. You girls are fit and hard. There was a winger who stepped me that I couldn't even chase after her. I had to let her go.

Mabonga: You girls played very well. Don't underestimate yourselves. As much as we are unfit, we are still men -we're harder and we're faster and we are also much stronger so don't feel bad that you lost.

Name withheld: Someone squeezed my crown jewels and put me out of action for a couple of nights. You girls are vicious.







No comments:

Post a Comment